Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mr. Fix It!

 Erin and Astrid so it was 14 years ago and above Sigrid and her Pop.
A friend of Larry's gave him a big sack of cucumbers, peppers, etc.  I am getting a few cucumbers but all my peppers died.  Larry said to give part of them to Eric and Laura. Eric loves cucumbers.  Laura had a work shop today for her new job.  She will be working for a school district again.  I got a call from the Library saying they had a book I requested...so before I went there I went over to Laura's to drop off the sack of veggies.  Siggie came to the door with big, red swollen eyes.  I gave her the sack and asked if I need to come in a whip someone.  The older girls are a little hard on her at times.  She said no.  I told her that Pop was over working his shop she should go by and see him.

I went to the Library, stopped back by the grocery store, and came home an hour and half later.  I saw Siggie riding her pretty bike home across the Meadow and knew she had came over to hang out with her Grandfather.  I went out to see what he was making. His latest hobby is wood working and I love all the things he makes.  I asked if his 'girl friend' came by and he said she just left.  He said Siggie came in and sat quietly watching him and he knew something was wrong.  He waited a while and then asked if she was okay.  The tears ran fast and she sobbed.  The problem was she had spilled koolaid on Momma's new couch.  She tried to clean it  up but it was still visible.  She told him she hid it under a throw.  Well, he called Daddy and sorted out the trouble.  Then Siggie was still worried about Momma.  So Pop texted Momma and he is waiting to hear from his red headed daughter.  I am sure it will be okay.

I wanted to tell someone the sweet Pop story so I told Erin and she recalled a time she had a bad experience and she was helping him hold something.  He yelled at her for not doing it right and she boo hooed.  Seems his shy child had a pair of shoes that were not like they should have been and she used all her courage and tried to return them to the store.  She was a grown girl but still lived with her Dad.  She paid a lot for the shoes at Penneys and after about 2 months they fell apart.  She took the back and the lady there said she had had them too long.  She made Erin feel really bad.  Larry and I discussed this ....either I or he was going to J. C Penny's.  I went.  Erin got an apology.  I don't know if they took the shoes back or not...but I probably gave them to them whether or not they gave her  her money back.   

Lots of stuff we do in our life, we just forget, but others remember.  Erin remembered how mad her Daddy was that someone was hateful to her over their shabby products.  Erin was always really shy and it took a lot of her nerve to even tell them about her shoes.

Lots of kids don't have a Dad like mine have or like I had.  The main thing is "someone who cares and who you are not afraid to tell because you know they love you a lot".    It is a "safe" feeling and a great feeling.

No comments: