Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Work, Work, Work

 I gathered two big batches of corn and cut it off the cob and put it in the freezer.  I put 4 to 5 cups of corn to a bag.  I guess I cut off 80 ears or so.  In a few days I can gather it again and will have a little more to put up.  I gave Laura corn and kept out some for supper.  Larry's field is not as wore out as my garden and the corn was better.

Patsy asked about my dead tomatoes.  I may have planted them too deep, but it did rain and rain and turned cool after I set them out.  Right above the ground it just looked like they rotted off.  The ones I bought at Lowe's to replant did fine.  I did not go back and ask for my money back as I thought it was my own fault not the nursery.   If you can buy stuff from someone other than a big store you will get better plants.  Larry hates Bonnie plants and most of the stores are furnished by Bonnie.



No comments: