Sunday, July 6, 2014

Pop's On Call

 Pop spent his morning making flower beds for Ingrid and Sigrid.  Ingrid's is around the Bradford Pear.  He cut all the angles at his shop and then carried it all over and it fit perfectly.  Then Ingrid saw my Wren bird house and he built her one to hang in her tree.  The two beds by the steps are Sigrids she wants some kind of daisies and told her Pop her Mom said she could only buy what was marked down.  He told her "well, we can go see if they have daisies, little Daisy!"  I think she wants Shasta Daisies.  I don't think there is any better Grandfather than Larry.  He loves the grand kids so much.
 Laura bought a used couch off of facebook.  Larry went with her and Eric to get it.  She had a bonded leather couch.  It started to peel and Sigrid peeled more and peeled more.  Laura had it covered with a couch cover she bought.  She already had this recliner and it looks like the same color, but it is a little different.
 Forgotten Dreams--Day Lilies--are beautiful.
 My ferns love the wet weather.  They are luscious.
 Those green things in my front flower bed died down and these shoots remain.  They are really pretty.  I do not know what the flowers are, Larry's Mom had them and I moved them to this front bed Larry built for me.
 My Cone flowers are still blooming.   I sure hope the seeds that fall come up next near and I have more.  Out of 2 or 3 pkgs. of seeds I have one plant.
My Hens and Chickens are doing great.
 Yellow 4 O'clocks are prettier than last year.
 And here are the white ones.  No Red ones have come up and I liked them the best.

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

Cone flowers will bloom all summer. They will ask nothing of you. Even if you don't keep the weeds down, they bloom their hearts out because they are, by nature, a weed. According to the Internet, deer won't eat them. Who could ask for more from a flower that finches love?