Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July's End

 I told Sigrid she could pick a bouquet from my Surprise Lilies and she came early today with scissors and took these home.
 My 4 O'clocks look really nice.  This is the prettiest they have ever been.  They came up in a mix of colors.  
 Larry made me a crooked roof Blue Bird house.  He and Sigrid cut out 4 today.  She is having a garage sale at my house this week end and we included bird houses in the ad.

 Larry fixed my grass problem.  He filled his big sprayer and mixed round up I held a card board next to the green beans so the residue would not float to them.  I am not digging up grass now.  
 The corn is gone from my garden.  I cut it down with loppers and put some in my chicken pen and the rest on the burn pile.  The big corn patch is ready now.  It is G 90.
 My tomatoes are not doing real well.  My first plants died and I bought the replacements at Lowe's.  We get enough to eat but I am not having a big crop of tomatoes.  My okra and squash are producing now.  My Kentucky Wonder Pole beans still are blooming and I still have green beans.

1 comment:

patsy said...

WHY DID YOUR FIRST TOMATO PLANTS DIE? WE ONLY HAVE GREEN TOMATOES BUT I HAVE A LOT OF THEM.