Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Astrid and Logan

Astrid texted me for a favor.  She needs something signed.  I will go at 11:00 and she will bring it to the office and I will sign for her.  The photo is Logan and Astrid at a race he was in I think.

One day Logan asked Miss Laura for a favor.  He asked and she said she would do it if she could!  Cut my hair!   That is how it got started and now when Logan wants a haircut, Miss Laura gets out her scissors and cuts away!  She has been doing it for a while so I guess he likes the job she did.   She cuts Larry's hair and I think it looks professional.  Larry's Mom was a beautician but not until about 1970.  Uncle Walter told me that in the mountains folks could come by and ask Grandpa Renfroe to cut their hair.  He would get a chair and cut it in the yard.  I guess it is an inherited trait.  I know none of it came from Momma or me.  When I tried to cut the girls' bangs it was a disaster.  Momma was worse than me.

We are going to have a rainy week.  I hope there are some breaks in the clouds so the water will run on down to Galla Lake and we will not be washed away.  Phinnie does not like the rain.  So when he needs to go outside to the bathroom, I have to go stand in the rain!  Guess he thinks if he is going into the storm, Gigi needs to come along.

I have to go get chicken feed today and pay a bill.  Since Astrid wants me to sign something for her, I will wait until about 10 to go.  I will have to put my chicken feed up front so if the rains come it will stay dry.

Erin called to say she was back at the grind today.  Kids back in school.

Devotional today was about strength.  The old phrase goes that strength cometh from within, but what does the Bible say??
  • Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. ...
  • Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe.
  • Nehemiah 8:10 Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. 
So the Bible says our strength does not come from within us but from our Lord.  However, with the Holy Spirit living within us--it does!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gigi-
Your devotional is part of what I have been studying. Thank you for the reminder.~Amy-Patsy