Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Blanket Stitch Crochet

The blanket stitch (there is more than one blanket stitch, I found) I am working on Erin's afghan is in multiples of three.  So you would chain anything you can divide by 3 and add 2 for ending stitch at each end.  Chain 35 plus one.  SC in the second chain from the hook then going across sc chain 2 skip 2 stitches and single crochet across the chain.  When you come to the end, you will have sc and a 2 chain loop and a sc across the entire piece.  Second row is chain 2 counts as one dc then 3 double crochet in each loop.   Third row will be like the first one.  This would go really fast using only one color, but I am using pieces so I am changing colors each of the dc rows.  I am using a variegated yarn for the sc line as it presents different colors!  This makes a heavy pattern.  Would be great for dish clothes etc.

I read some blogs.  I read Margie's everyday and a few others once a week.  My favorite blogs are older women writers who don't do a lot and follow pretty much a routine.  I guess because I am that type of person is why I like them.  I want to say that Margie does A LOT.   She makes me look like a slug!  Donna often apologizes as she writes about going to the grocery or a walk in the woods.  Well, Donna it is just what I like to read about--simple recipes, simple days, love of little dog and your family.   I am simple and love simple things.  Glad some other folks do too!

Devotional today--I am not an accident!  God planned me!  He created me to be his friend.  How wonderful to be chosen and wanted!  Just as I am!  Wow, he made me just as I am!  He knows me through and through.  He knows my heart!   He knows my head!   He knows my hands!   He knows!  I want to do "good" today because He knows!


No comments: