Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day

 Astrid came by early and brought Pop and I a Corgie Valentine she made for us.   We love it.  Also, we got a sample of all the things she cooked last evening.  I had a sugar cookie and oreo ball with my coffee.  I will let Pop have the rest. 
 Larry sold this old tractor and the man came from the middle of Oklahoma with a little trailer.   Larry said there is no way he would have started off on that long trip pulling that small of a trailer.  The man was 76 and wanted the tractor for parts.   He built the little trailer--only two wheels!  Larry said some folks were just brave!

 Four of the sweetest birds came yesterday and stayed a while.  I always think of Daddy and Clayton when I see these in the field! 

 This old hawk stays in our Meadow!  He is a silent hunter and always on the lookout from a high perch.   He will swoop down and then fly away with his meal.  Usually a mouse or other small animal.
Today, I have the same old Valentine I had last year.  I am going to cook him a roast in the instant pot.   He bugs me and I irritate him, but we are together still.  He would have bought me a big box of candy, but I told him to please, don't do that! 

No comments: