Monday, February 5, 2018

Super Bowl Sally

 Little Red cooked a feast for the Super Bowl evening.  Trying to recall all she fixed and carried to her Pop is hard.  But there were tacos complete with everything you would want to go on a taco.  She had homemade white cheese dip, salsa, guacamole dip. She baked a stuffed hot pepper wrapped in bacon, I think (did not try it as I was afraid it would give me heartburn) but these looked superb.  Oh, yes, a homemade cheese ball with all types of crackers to dip.  She brought almond covered chex mix, a fruit tray, lemon bars, two types of dip for the fruit.  It took three tables to hold it all.   Larry and I are not big football fans, but oh, how we enjoyed this super bowl!!  Glad we got Little Red interested in cooking when she was just 4 years old.  It stuck.
 I saw this recipe and thought of Erin as she really likes meatloaf.  I am going to try it.  I don't know if I can put 32 Ritz crackers in...but I will do my best to close my eyes and add it.  I found the recipe on a Blog I visit.  The lady who writes it is 92 years old.  She tried it and did not put the topping on, but I think I will add it.  I will have to wait until I go to the store as I do not buy Ritz crackers generally and will have to get some!

Cracker Barrel Meat Loaf

Phinnie did not like the Super Bowl as Pop kept making him lay on a rug and be quiet and still.   He did not understand why all these visitors could not spend some of their time petting his head--especially Astrid who he adores!    Once I gave his a pig skin treat and put him in his crate.   He pouted and would not touch it.

 Our cousin Kenny passed away Feb. 3.   He was born the same year as Fleta.  As a young boy he developed epilepsy.   All his life he had to take strong, strong meds to control the grand mal seizures!   After both his parents passed away, his sister became his guardian and he was placed in a group home.   Doctors discovered a small tumor and removed it--no more seizures!  What if....I know we should not wonder, but what if this was found when he was a young boy of 8 years! 

1 comment:

marlu said...

I found your blog by reading Margie's and Far Side! If you found the meat loaf recipe on Far Side's blog, I was the one that posted it. She tried it.
The only reason I'm bothering you with this comment is that I'm 86! LOL Zsa Zsa always said, "Never trust a woman who tells you her correct age!" I'll be 87 next month. Really enjoy seeing your afghans. My sister-in-law and I both make afghans and give them to relatives, friends etc. To use up yarn, I've been making pot holders. Last year it was hats for all the grands and their friends. Have a wonderful day!