Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Blanket Stitch

 When it is cold, I love to crotchet.  Helen's afghan made from the scraps of yarn she sent me is on the bottom.  Next, is the blanket I made for Jonell's new Granddaughter--Carlie!  It will cover a baby bed.  Then the piece shown is one I am making for Erin.  At first, I tried a granny square to use the pieces of yarn I have piled by my chair.  It was really looking ugly.  I learned when if start a project if I don't like it I need to trash it as I will never finish!  I went on pinterest and found this blanket stitch.  I really like it and it is enabling me to use all those pieces of yarn.  I think I will be able to use most of the colors.  Don't know about the reds, but we will see.  I have to finish off each row so it is pretty slow going.  Erin may not get it until next winter as when it gets hot crocheting is over for me.
Sigrid wants a peach colored throw so after I finish Erin's I am going to buy yarn to make her one using this stitch.

Astrid is liking her new job and I think they are liking her as they keep calling to see if she can come in to work on days she is not scheduled.   She told me that the girl whose place she took got fired.  Usually kids get fired for not showing up to work.

Since last August, Larry has lost almost 70 pounds.  His side still hurts but he is doing so much better.  He has been selling some of his collected Farmall equipment.  I hope he continues.   He has over 15 Farmall tractors.

My devotional was about God's love!  He does not love to get something in return.  His love is complete and everlasting.   I bet you know someone who shows you "love" but it is just to get something in return.   We can think of someone we love enormously and then imagine a love 1000's of times greater.  We can not even fathom it!  I want to do things my Savior will be pleased seeing me down finishing a little job for Him!  But whether I do "works" or not he still loves me!

Help me Lord today be worthy of your free gift to me.   Let me give a free gift to someone today!

No comments: