Monday, April 2, 2007

Into the Deep Wood!


Laura posted about our rock hunt where we
harvested trees. At one time (even tho I
grew up on a farm), I could not tell one tree
from another, but I have learned what
basic trees look like. We could not find the
old house place deep in the wood. It is still
there just hidden for a while, but we decided
to dig up trees and plant them. I pushed the
wheel barrel down into the wood to Laura's
"Mom, I will do that". Coming out of the
wood going up hill with the barrel loaded
with trees, I told her she could push now!
Hope some of the trees live. It is nice to
remember tree planting in the yard like
Old Sister and her Box Elder in our yard
at home on Douglas Road. Now 60 years
later it still attests to the day that she and
Daddy planted it there!

6 comments:

Erin said...

i bet laura appreciates the picture of her ass.

dot said...

LOL! YOu Powells always make me laugh!

Tina Leigh said...

There is something special about planting a tree. I remember Mama digging trees out of the woods & planting them in our yard where we use to live. Danny, my boys Danny's parents & I planted the 1000 pecan trees here. I hope my boys will appreciate that one day.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful - I envy you

Sunshine said...

i am much better looking than this picture gives me credit

Galla Creek said...

this is your worst side I guess?