Sunday, April 29, 2007

Old Houses have Character!

I took this in March as I pass this house on
the way to my School. The yard blooms with
all kinds of flowers. The front door is an orangie
red color. I knew the lady that lived here once
and she sold out and moved to a little brick house
in a nearby neighborhood where all the houses are
about 1000 sq. feet and look just alike. I know you
have seen them. This house has 12 foot ceilings
and she said she could not afford to heat and cool it.
The person who bought it has worked on several
aspects of the house. Bet it is still hard to heat and
cool. I think, Patsy, as we get old we have character
like this house and are more interesting that the
youngsters who all look the same...with their bellies
showing between their shirt and low swung pants!

3 comments:

patsy said...

are you talking about the 2 story white house or the yellow house?

dot said...

The yellow doesn't look like it would have high ceilings.

Annie said...

Speaking of showing bellies these days, in years to come people will think that was 'character'. Right now I think it looks pretty awful, especially when one sees a roll of fat.