Thursday, April 26, 2007

Potatoes did not die!

I took this Monday, but I am rejoicing that
my Irish potatoes did not die when we had
the cold snap in temps two weeks ago. They
were up and looking perky, but turned black
and were gone. Well, here they are back again.
Now, they even look better. The garden needs
warm temperatures at night to grow. We planted
some corn, big boy peas, improved pintos, and
squash yesterday right before our good rain.

I will take a photo of the potatoes this weekend
and show you how much they have improved.
I will have several bushel of potatoes if anyone
wants to visit around July 15th.....

6 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

looks like we could have green onions and cornbread soon...

Sister--Helen said...

Clayton lost all he had planted but he has re planted now...

Anonymous said...

Hooray, good eatin's a-comin'. I'll be there on July 15th. Want me to bring the cornbread?

Annie in Little Rock

patsy said...

glad they didn't die.

dot said...

I'll be there too. Nothing better than a tater with butter and a little salt.

Annie said...

Sounds like you need to plan on me and Dot coming by.