Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sheepshear!

I remember eating the clover off this little
plant when the Sisters were growing up. I
suppose Daddy told us to taste it. Some of
the things that come back to me....I wonder
did this happen or am I just imagining it. I
hope Patsy will tell me if she remembers
tasting this clover.

I have learned a lot from my Sisters and
Cousin Winnie about our family from our
blogs. I never new my Grandmothe Powell
was the one who made the long, thin,
homemade egg noodles. I would have never
been able to imagine them drying over a tea
towel on the back of her dining chair.

Have you ever tasted this clover? Is is
sheepshear?

6 comments:

dot said...

There was a plant I liked to taste in south Alabama. It had a taste like cloves and it had flowers about that color. I haven't seen one in years. I wonder if that is it. Sister, please send me a leaf so I can taste it!

Annie said...

I learn lots of things from you and your sister too. I've never tasted this clover. And, Dot, tastes like cloves? That's too appropriate, clover like cloves.

Tina Leigh said...

OK if I go to chewin on clover I'm gonna feel like a cow chewin its cud, lol! It is very pretty...I would like to have some growin around here just because its so pretty.

Unknown said...

your daddy had me taste a clover that had yellow flowers when I was little - I always thought it was great, but certainly not sweet

Sister--Helen said...

Winnie he probably had you chew bitter weed to be ornery....there used to be a purple clover like thing that had a ball of spines like a dandy line weed... we used to pull out the spines and suck on the end of them and they were sweet...I'm going to look that up if the babies let me...

patsy said...

sheep shear has a sharp acid taste, not unpleasent. i think it probably has a lot of vitiman c. we ate it all so.