Thursday, December 4, 2014

Believing

 Helen said at church Sunday they asked "do you believe in God".  I think if you stood on a street corner in my town and asked 100 people if they believed in God probably 100 would answer "yes" and at least 99 would.  Believing in something is different from having that something as part of your very core!  These are so different.  Most folks believe in God like they believe their car will start.  Don't give it much thought until the battery is dead!  Our mouth is called the "evil member" of our body.  You can say just about anything.  I can't say some things because I can't pronounce them and have to ask my speech daughter how it is pronounced!  What I mean is even though folks may express something they believe it really is not a part of them.  I call it shallow belief.   Also, folks in Church worry a lot about sin!  Our sins are forgiven.  I think we should spend time worrying  about the good we can do.  Oh, too bad I am already worn out, Lord!

Patsy gave me this Bible in 1958.  She worked and earned money that year for the first time.  Fleta and I got identical Bibles, Helen got a doll, Clayton a basketball, and she bought a new tv for our family.  What selflessness that was.  You will have to excuse my melancholy for a while.  Slowly my wound will heal.


2 comments:

Linda@VS said...

Patsy was special and she made it clear that she thought of her sisters and brothers as special, too. As for that melancholy you mentioned, please don't apologize for it. You've had a rough year in the sibling department.

Donna. W said...

Hard times. Bad memories. Good sisters.