Sunday, December 7, 2014

Earning Her Keep

 I have never liked cats very much, but I do hate mice.  Cora has figured this out.  About once a week, she comes and lays a mouse by our door that she has caught.  That plastic pad in her little box is heated.  She can lay there on a warm bed when ever she wants.  I really love this little dog.  She trees whatever comes in the yard.  If she sees the deer she chases them away.  Now, if she is asleep she may not because they don't get really close to the house.  She is a snaker!  She does not chase my chickens and she is best friend anyone could have.

After Larry started working on the house and pulling all the paneling and putting up sheet rock.  We had mice get in the house. After all we live in Galla Meadow.  Well, (knock on wood) I think we have all the spots fixed where they were slipping in.  The last place I think was near a wire in the breaker box!  I guess they used the wire as a highway and traveled up in and into the laundry room.  I am really cold hearted.  I read on Patsy's blog that she hated using those sticky plastic mouse traps after she was a little mouse on the trap--stuck!!  I just would say "yippee caught another one!" 


No comments: