Monday, December 1, 2014

Smart Kids and Smart Boards

Sigrid gave a big presentation today at the Gifted and Talented School.  Her topic was the Amazon Rain Forest.  Here she is using the Smart Board.  The Smart Board is an interactive whiteboard that uses touch detection for user input (for example scrolling and right mouse-click) in the same way as normal PC input devices.  Sigrid had video presentations, posters, and here she is demonstrating something with a graph I think.  Laura took a video of about 8 minutes of her report.  So if we can figure out a way to get it to me, I will upload it to YouTube.

Sigrid came last evening and presented the entire report to Pop and me.  I got to ask her probing questions which I surely enjoyed.  I did not puzzle her too much.  I asked if you could use a cell phone there to which she responded "no, Gigi, no signal".  Laura said she did a great job and was not nervous appearing.  She had a new outfit and even wore earrings!

No comments: