Sunday, December 28, 2014

New Testament or Help For Helen

Remember I told you that I remembered things by association.  Well, when in school I learned to spell arithmetic by thinking
A red Indian thought he might eat tomatoes in church.  I still will find myself saying this in my head as I spell arithmetic.

So you must visualize this little picture.  I did not invent it but found it last night on the Internet and made my own version.  Ta Da--I have the New Testament down.  Helen, you can do this!!!

There are 39 Books in the Old Testament. 3 x 9 = 27!!  There are 27 Books in the New Testament!  You can learn them within 30 minutes to an hour if you try.  It is not hard, but you will have to continue to say them at least 2 weeks several times a day before you "know" them in a lasting manner.

Here is what you must remember.  It is a little movie.  
First, you are in church sitting with Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
Say it over -- Matthew Mark Luke and John!  Also see yourself sitting in that pew.  Matthew and Mark on one side of you and Luke and John over near the aisle.  Matthew Mark Luke and John.
 Church ends.  The service was a little boring!  You and Matthew Mark Luke and John slip out the backdoor.  There next to the back door sits an AX!  You decide to chop a little wood to keep the church warm.  Doing work for your Lord.  The next book is ACTS.
Say it again ACTS!!
 After chopping a big pile of wood, you are so thirsty and you see a vending machine down past the back church yard.  You put your dollar in and get an R C Cola!  Drink it down!  So good.  RCC
Romans, 1st Corinthians, 2nd Corinthians!!  RCC!
 You look down the lane and there stands old George Aday eating pop corn!! George eating pop corn.  Now, picture it see George eating and see his pop corn!  G E P C
Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians!


 George was heading toward a stadium and you can hear the cheerleaders inside yelling Thes, Thes, Tim, Tim, Tit!  5 t's
1st Thessalonians, 2nd Thessalonians, 1st Timothy, 2nd Timothy and Titus!!  Cheer for the 5 T's.  Say them over!  Easy Peasy.
 Those cheerleaders are cheering at a wrestling match!!  Two big burly guys from the New Testament are having a huge brawl!
P H J
Philemon, he bruises James.  Philemon is the winner, but oh, it is a hard fight, both are pooped.  Philemon Hebrews James!! Say it over several times and see Philemon as He Brews James!!  
 Philemon and James are so tired that they just go home and put on their P J's.  They both do!! 2 P's and 4 J's!! P P J J J J!!  Picture this
Philemon and James in the striped pajamas!!
1st Peter, 2nd Peter, 1st John, 2nd John, 3rd John, and Jude!!
P P J J J J


Now the end is always Revelations!!
Write it all down on a piece of paper using your own graphics so you can visualize it!!  

9 comments:

Erin said...

OMG

Sister--Fleta said...

How is it any easier to remember all this, than to just memorize the books? It is not. And, surely everyone know it goes MMLJ and The Acts, so 27-5 leaves 22 to memorize. The last two are Jude and Rev., easy to remember since surely everyone know Rev is the last book. Now we have 22-2 - 20 to memorize. The 5 before Jude are 2 Peters and 3 Johns, 20-5 = 15 left to memorize. Easily done in a day or two.

MMLJARCCEPCTTTTTPHJPPJJJJR.

Done.

Sister--Helen said...

don't listen to FLETA....this will be easier betty!!!
A Red Indian Thought He Might Eat Tomatoes In Church.....from 2nd grade...still up there in my mind! Thanks betty

Galla Creek said...

Well, fleta Helen and I have it in 30 minutes and u took longer.

Helen and I r of the young generation. We r young and we r visual. U, fleta, r old. Using math to remember!!!

Galla Creek said...

Notice, Helen, fleta's way takes days and mine minutes!!

Sister--Helen said...

Betty...said the old testament books last thing last night...then again 1st thing this AM...easy peasy...it took Fleta a month to get all of the pooks down....Fleta got me an indoor/outdoot themo...It is 20 outside...Burrrr..and 64 in the living room..now I left 1of my heaters on last night on hi...welll bathroom 1 was on low with door shut...now l/r themo is on wall and heater is about 4' from that wall...so I went into my bedroom and looked and it was 62 on the wall connected to bathroom....The reason why I looked is because when I got up I thought it was nice in here...Thank you so much!

Sister--Helen said...

should say new test...I do know that

Galla Creek said...

I looked with my central heat set o 68 it was 63 in here where the computer is. So......I put on a jacket. I always wear socks. Laura can not stand socks. I bet her toes freeze. I like thick socks in the winter.

Saying the temp so you can see we have about the same temp inside our houses!

Erin said...

I like warm socks too