Saturday, May 2, 2015

Finally Planting Time

 I buy my flowers at Lowe's on the markdown rack.  These still don't look great but in a few days they will be beautiful.  I have a Geranium and two impatients here. You can see my ferns behind them.  The ferns have already put forth a lot of growth.
 I planted a row of red potatoes.  We have had them since March so they were really ready to get in the grown.  I few had rotted, but I think they will be fine.
 These and New Guinea Impatients.  I put them in my old buckets.

 Larry fixed me a new top for my nests.  The old one rotted.  He bought treated fencing to make it out of.  You know the stuff they use to make a picket fence.  I could not get the eggs from outside because the top was falling apart.  It was like being used to indoor plumbing and having to go to the outhouse.  I will paint this red.  I already have the paint.  He wants to caulk the cracks.

 Here Larry is tilling the garden.  I still have one patch of nut grass I want dead.  You can not pull it as it breaks off.  He sprayed the entire garden and maybe I  will have less weeds.  Sure hope so.  Tomorrow I hope we can go to Clarksville to the Nursery and get tomatoes and peppers.  I planted purple onions and went today and got my pole beans.  I got Blue Lake as they did not have Kentucky Wonders.
 After Larry tills the garden he lays off the rows with a cub.  All the rows are the same length apart that way.  He puts his front tire in on row and it will keep the distance perfect.  If I could only plant straight in the row...which I can't always do.



No comments: