Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Tomato and Pepper Paddie

 I guess I should have planted rice.  I put my tomatoes and peppers out last evening and it rained all night.  I bought rutgers, arkansas travelers, celebrities, and better boys.  I bought several types of peppers.  I thought one batch was too little to sit out and I will keep them on the porch a little longer. If I had planted the small ones, they would have floated away in this monsoon.
 Whether or not anything else grows, the weeds will come.  There is a verse in the Bible that says to leave the weeds and remove them at the harvest.  Our Lord does that.  One day the weeds will be burned and live no more.

Matthew 13:30
Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.
 Last year I planted wild flower seeds in this little garden.  They did not really grow.  Well, this year some have come up...I guess from the old seeds because no flowers bloomed to make new seeds.
 This is the Catalpa tree we got from Wayne Hawkins who lives in GA.  He put it in a pot and gave it to us.  We babied it for the first 6 months in the pot.  I watered it when I sat it out.  It is going to make it I think.  One thing about blogging is there is a record of past days.  See the Georgia tree when we brought it home in the pot below.

 Larry dug this Red Bud up for me from over the fence.  It is really pretty.  I fertilized both trees.  You do it at the edge of the limbs not near the trunk.  Make a circle near the limbs edge around the tree.
 This is an Ash we left in the old fence row between us and Larry's Mom.  It was just a little sprig.  Look at it now.  The fence is gone because we own the Meadow House once more.  See how the grass has grown in the low spot.  Last night, Larry bought a mower you pull behind a four wheeler or we can pull it behind the mule.  It can be off set.  He can drive down our Lane and mow by the fence.
 These Impatients are pretty water logged.
 My porch Impatients are full of blooms.  They will keep this up all summer if I water them.  What I like is you do not have to pull off the blooms.
 Here is my Grandma Powell Geranium.  I have pulled the blooms once and more are appearing now.
 Below you see the on marked down flower that did not do well.  There were 4 of these and all died but this one.  It starts with a v something like Vensa or Venga.  I am going to put the moss above in the pot.  I will move the one little flower if it lives.  See the small peppers.  I am glad I did not set them out.
Begonias like water so they are thriving.

No comments: