Saturday, May 2, 2015

For The Birds

 I went to Hobby Lobby looking for something red to hang on my feeder so the birds would love it more.  Well, I bought a second feeder instead.  The glass is bright red.  I tried to take a picture of a hummingbird but I am not quick enough.  Out of half a dozen pictures there were only birds in half of them and not very clear ones at that.  I will try again later.  Only Fleta and Erin can capture hummingbird pictures.

Notice how small Patsy's Box Elder is.  A Box Elder is a maple that has a leaf more like an Ash.  They used the wood to make boxes, like those they put tomatoes or fruit in.  Hence the name, Box  Elder (Elder comes for Ash).  The wood is soft and not very desirable.  Patsy's Elder is elder--about 65 or 66 years old.
Today is my sweetest sister's birthday.  She was born in 1956.  It was a sad day for Mom and Dad but it turned out to be their luckiest day.  We never know what the Lord has in store for us.  We should trust Him knowing He sometimes sends His blessings camouflaged.  Helen took this photo of the Elder about a week ago.  I hope it outlives me.

My hummingbird hid behind the feeder.  He is so shy.
 I got this today it reminds me of an impatient but it is something that starts with a v.  I used an old minnow bucket for the pot.
 Larry tilled the rest of the garden and laid off all the rows.  Tomatoes and peppers will be in the last row on the left.  After I plant my okra, more squash, and cucumbers.  I will fill the middle with corn.  I think I will have about 6 or 7 rows of corn.  It is so late I doubt we plant the back garden.
 The tag was gone from this so I don't know what it is.
 This came back from last year and I really like it.
 Here are Sig's friends at school.  The littlest one is Kenzie.  She spent Friday night with Sigrid.  They walked over to get eggs for Laura and I talked Kenzie into taking a dozen home to her Mom and Dad. I taught both her parents.  Her grandpa was my Dr. with Laura!  Her grandmother on the otherside is a cousin to Amber Powell's Dad.  I think it is funny how I can see little Amber in Kenzie.

No comments: