Monday, May 4, 2015

Leaving Baltimore City

 Look, look at my new bird, yes, it is a Baltimore Oriole.  I think this is the hen.  I took the pictures through the screen so they look a little distorted.
 I saw the male a few days ago but when I opened the back screen door for the picture he flew away.  And then I doubted I had really saw an Oriole, but today Larry said "there's your Oriole" and I did not open the screen.  I just took the pictures through the door.  The screen is black so it makes the bird look strange.

Even the Orioles are leaving Baltimore City!
 The hummingbirds loved the new red feeder so I went back to Hobby Lobby and got a second one.  It is a little different.  They did not have anymore like the first one I bought.  The feeders are the same size, but one looks smaller because of where I was standing.

 Larry had this old bucket and he said I could use it to pot my Begonia's in.  When I see Begonia's I think of Laura's babysitter Duvle Watkins.   She lived near us in a little house when we lived on Dog Alley in the city of Pottsville.  She loved Begonias and would have several in her kitchen and on her little back porch.  She had one she called an angel leaf Bogonia.
 These are different colors but I don't guess that will hurt.
These are two Wren houses Larry has made for me.  I will read about where they like to nest before I put them up.  He made a Wren house and squirrel feeder for the "special" class where Laura works and it was so cute that I cried for one...and I got two.  The entry is only one inch so the Sparrows will not be able to move in here.  Now, I even like the little Sparrow.  They sing all the time and are happy birds.

I have a Yellow Finch that has built a nest here so I guess the pair will be staying over with me.  Sigrid took this picture.   I love them.

 I planted my entire garden today.  First row is potatoes, then red onions (yellow squash behind that as it did not fill up the row), then Blue Lake pole beans,  then a row of cucumbers, zucchini, and more yellow squash, then 4 rows of Bodacious corn, then two rows of okra, and then 3 rows of peaches and cream corn.  Last row will be my tomatoes and peppers.  In the back garden, we are planting two rows of watermelons and a few cantaloupes.  The cantaloupes all get ripe at the same time so there is not much need to plant many.

 Tony gave Helen his old washer and dryer.  They look great but I am sure she cleaned on them a lot.  She has already tried the washer and it works great.  Janet wanted a front loader.  I prefer the type Helen has.
Helen sent her supper picture.  Beans and corn bread.  I see a dime I guess she left herself a tip.  This is the coffee table Gilbert made.
I have noticed when I post anything now, I have to go back and fix error after error.  I guess my mind does not work like it used to.  I will read back over something and think "goodness, why did I type that" oh, well.  Helen and Fleta will figure it out I bet and also EMR and LRC!

No comments: