Thursday, May 7, 2015

Grosbeak

 Above is a Blackheaded Grosbeak and the bottom pictures are the Rose Breasted Grosbeak.  My dear son-in-law says my bird is a Rose Breasted Grosbeak.  Not an oriole or a Newstart.  I did not get a front pictures so it is hard to tell.  But if it I s a Grosbeak, he said it has probably migrated on.  I still search each morning to catch a glimpse of it, but in time I will not long for another visit as his memory will fade.




After I posted this Laura called and said my bird was a Towhee and they are of this area!  I am just glad for the information.   If I see it again, I can try to get a front picture.  Larry said the front breast was all orange.


4 comments:

Erin said...

I think it might be a ... bird

Galla Creek said...

As usual Erin is right!

Sister--Fleta said...

I think it is an Arkansas Humdinger..

Sunshine said...

I think Laura is right and her Daddy should agree with her not the son-in-law.