Sunday, May 31, 2015

Our Lives Keep Rolling On


 Sigrid's school held a big celebration for her class as they will move to a new school next year.  All the children in Russellville who are in the 5th grade go to one school.  The grades up to grade 4 attend school at several neighborhood schools.  The party was a Luau!  I think Sigrid's school has two days next week, but last night she told us she was "through" and would not be going back.  I recall thinking "oh, good" when a student announced this to me!

 Here is Clayton's water color.  He is talented in art or his teacher is doing his work for him.  I think this picture is really good.
 Astrid does something Sigrid calls Shandangle or something like that.  I hope Laura will comment on what it is called as I never can remember after Sigrid tells me again. Astrid made this poetry poster for her English teacher.  If you click on it maybe you can see the detail.  She does these with a ball point pen or a sharp paint pen.  They are all intricate in nature.
 It takes lots of time and patience to draw all these fine lines into the entire design.  The more you study it the prettier it gets.
 Here is a pillow she designed on cloth.  It is probably for her room.
 This one is pink and gold.  The colors on here are not correct.  But to think of her making this could give an impatient person a headache.  Astrid is very talented.
She is just starting this elephant, but it is coming together nicely.  Once she wiped it all out and started over.  
Here is a picture Greta colored.  She stays in the lines and does a great job.  Ingrid got all NEW outfits in dance.  Usually the uniforms are "handed down" but because of Ingrid's long legs (my reasoning) she got all of hers brand new.  I was there when she did the trying on and most of the old ones were high water pants on her.
This picture shows Ingrid and some of her creative friends.  

Oh, yes, it rained again last night and finally about 6 of my tomato plants have drowned.  They are brown and I think dead. I am hoping most of them make it, but in the midst of the down pours some are completely under water.  The weather man said the raining trend is ending and we know what that means--100 degree temps will be here soon!

I think this report means Clayton will go to 2nd grade.  He is a very smart boy.



2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

I told you your blog would be interesting! I love the photos! It appears you have a great family too!

Sister--Helen said...

Clayton apparently exceeds in math....and art as we can see...I can not believe that stuff astrid draws...gives me a head ach just thinking about it. It is beautiful