Saturday, October 3, 2015

Mum Is The Word


 My chickens have been going to my front flower bed and wrecking havoc.  I bought 5 mums at Lowe's.  Well, they dug them up 'til I think they may not make it.  I put up an ugly screen wire to try and keep them out.  My Patsy hens are the ones doing it and mainly just one.  She must have Patsy's spirit.  So today I skipped my walk and worked out here three hours.  I cut the panel with some big lock cutters Larry had in the shop.  I made three pieces from the panel and then put it around the flower bed.  Hopefully, Miss Patty will not be able to find a way in and dig up my mums because I bought some more.  Sigrid bought little ones last year and I bought huge ones.  Hers did better than mine so this year I just bought the little ones hoping next year they will look like Siggie's.
 Sydney Villines Martin
Jonell told me our classmate passed way.  She was 65 in May, so young!  I went to first grade with her and all the way until she stopped coming.  I think she married when we were in High School.  Her husband had already passed away in 2009.  Sydney had jet black hair.  This looks nothing like her.  Her father was Gene Villines and her mother Dr. Wallace's nurse.  The obit gives her mother's name.  I forget it as it was sort of unusual.  Her mother's mother was a Villines too!  I always thought Sydney Sue was so pretty.
From Smith Funeral Home Site
Sydney Sue Martin, age 65, of Berryville, AR passed away Monday, September 28, 2015. She was born May 22, 1950, in Harrison, daughter of the late Sidney Eugene Villines and Arbie Nell (McGee) Villines.
Sydney attended school in Green Forest and in 1983 she was united in marriage with Jearl Wayne Martin. They owned and operated a poultry farm in Huntsville for a number of years until his untimely death in 2009. Sydney loved family gatherings and she especially loved spending time with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was a motorcycle enthusiast and enjoyed bowling and shopping. After moving back to Carroll County she attended Green Forest Cowboy Church.
She is survived by her daughters, Misty McKamy and husband Sean of Berryville, Patricia Taylor and husband John of Kellyville, OK, Linda Fowler of Huntsville, sons, Carl Wayne Martin and wife Deb of Marble, Charles Dwayne Martin and wife Iris of Bella Vista, special friend, Stephen Keck, 17 grandchildren , 27 great-grandchildren and a number of cousins and several friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Sidney and Arbie Villines, husband Jearl Wayne Martin and one grandson Joshua Demere.
Celebration Of Life Services will be 2:00 PM Thursday, October 1, 2015 at First Assembly Of God Church in Huntsville, AR with Pastor Alex Foster officiating. Interment will follow at Big Sandy Cemetery in Huntsville. Visitation will be 5-7 PM Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at Smith Family Funeral Home in Green Forest.
Erin sent this and at first I thought it was the Halloween stuff, but I think the kids got new school pictures.  I hope I get a copy tomorrow if that is the case.
One last picture, Jonell sent this to me this morning about 6:30 A.M.  Frost in Carroll County on October 2, 2015.  She said it was in the 40's.  It was warmer here but still nice and cool for me to work outside.

All those who labor for a living are glad Friday is here!  Laura, Erin, Fleta, I know are glad to have a couple of days off.  Hope the weather will be good!  Keep smiling!


No comments: