Friday, January 12, 2018

Another Cold One

It was 24 here last evening.  Erin said 16 at Harrison.  I see the sun shining brightly.  Which makes the cold more bearable.  I am really glad we did not get any ice.  Ingie is just learning to navigate and I did not want her ice driving.  She has a babysitting job after school.  It is just for an hour but makes her some spending money.  Astrid came and ran some resumes as she is looking for a new job.  I took Ingie lunch yesterday--cheese dip from Stobys.  She texted and asked me to bring it.  I am a lazy, stay at home person, and thought of making an excuse, but then a second thought came about being--selfish and lazy--and I delivered it to High School.  I kept thinking about how happy I am that the students can not leave campus.  When Laura went there, they could leave at lunch and only had 30 minutes to eat!  Most tried to go and get a lunch!  Danger lurking!   Ingrid is very thin is another reason I wanted to give her some calories.

Jonell is going to be a Granny again.  I am working on a baby afghan for the little girl; I am calling her Jolie!  I think it would be a perfect name for her.  I finished the pastel throw and it is looking for a home.

Larry made me a small table for my new sewing machine. I can just put it where I need to when I am sewing.  I have not used the machine yet.  After the table has a finish on it I will.  My table has a small drawer for my scissors and tools.  It is made of oak and very nice.

Larry ordered some overalls to wear.  They are the carpenter type.  They look very nice on him.  Strips are slimming.

Clayton decided to eat in the lunchroom at school this week...but oh, he said he would take his lunch too and eat both!  Which he did!  Greta is moving up to advanced gymnastics.  She is good at lots of activities.  Only in first grade--she does not have to decide yet what she prefers--just do it all!   Clayton is playing upward basketball and was pleased to see a friend on his team.  Greta is playing too!  She is pleased when they dribble and run!  Coach told them to dribble around the half court and she did.  All the other girls went around the ENTIRE basketball court.  She has a hearing deficit but was the only one that heard!  Her Coach gave her a high five for listening!  She gave him a big smile!

Erin went to buy hot cider this morning  before work.  No ice at Harrison for which I am very thankful.  She found 54 cents lying in the parking lot so this is her lucky day!

I am reading a memoir by Amy Tan.  Then one called "A Stone of Hope".   So I am reading, crocheting, watching a hour of The Crown each day, looking for new cousins in Joe Powell and Uncle Walter's dna files, waiting anxiously to see cousin Win's, talking to Erin on the phone, texting a few lines with Jonell, thinking of calling Sister Fleta--and this thought came to mind--how many calories do all these activities use--about zero is my answer!

Laura gave me a new devotional for 2018.  It is a "read and respond" one.  I am enjoying it.  Today, the read was about calling on the Lord and him responding to that call.  I have been asking him to fill my heart with hope and leave not room for fear and other dreadfulness!   He has been answering my call!  Thank you Lord!  Warm up my heart today in these cool temperatures!

I filled my bird feeders yesterday and saw the little Finches this morning getting a meal!  I love the little Finches!

I am too lazy today to post a picture.  Imagine Clayton sitting on the basketball court with his friends!  Can you see my pretty oak sewing machine table my husband made me for my 47th anniversary?  Well, you will have to try to visualize  the sun shining brightly in Galla Meadow or Greta wearing her hoodie backwards, her lastest habit.  She puts the hood over her face!  Can you see Sigrid smiling at her new phone's message?  Skinny Ingie driving a big white rig?  Astrid adding more mascara to her lashes!  Phinnie destroying his new toys that I paid 25 dollars for at TJMaxx!  No pictures just images to pull up into your own mind today as I am still being a little lazy.  Warm weather gives me more energy as I was born in June.  If I can arrived on the Douglas Road in January like Sister Fleta the cold would make me move, but I did not so here I sat in a heavy, blue robe and a heated throw trying to stay warm!


No comments: