Sunday, January 21, 2018

Warm Morning

Astrid is taking AP psychology.  She used Phoebe in a class assignment.  I think Laura said it was classic learning behavior!  Anyhow, you can see how smart Phoebe is or how smart Astrid is?

 Erin knows the time!  Clayton and Greta used some of the Christmas money from Pop and Gigi to get new watches!   Greta's shirt says "sweat now rest later".  I love it and I love the curtain on the window!  I can see Erin is related to me.  So stylish!

 Astrid surprised us with a little gift.  Pop cut her some plaque boards and she free handed one for us!  Of course, we love it!  I hung it directly in front of the couch as visitors usually park there.  They will see the neat work  by Astrid.  She lays a ruler on the board and free hands  all the writing.  The R above the plaque, Sigrid made years ago at a birthday party.  We love it too!  On her own, Sig decided to make a gift for us!  We think it is special.
 Larry finished my sewing machine table so now I will have to learn to use my Christmas present.  I will not sit anything on the small table as he created it so I can move it directly under a good light when I sew.  The new machine he bought me has a case to store it in and I will only sit the machine on the table when I am using it.

 I continue to feed the birds.  I really love them.  I think my favorite bird is the little Finch.  I filled the feeder near the porch so they can get a seed or two without the "bully" birds banishing them!  I must go to Tractor supply and get a new sack of seed.  I have used most of it in this cold weather.  I also continue to keep water out for them! 
I may have a new puzzle to solve.  Nancy above contacted me.  She is adopted!   I told her I could likely id at least one of her parents, but first she needed to think about it!  Does she really want to know?  


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading the blog and was intrigued by the DNA entry. I always love a good mystery. :) But then in reading I noticed a picture of a pretty girl in a blue sweater. Is that you? Or is that another part of the mystery to be solved. If so, when was this picture taken? It is lovely. ~Amy-Patsy

Galla Creek said...

Yes, that is me 1969,

Margie's Musings said...

The mystery is interesting. I hope she really wants to know.

Anonymous said...

Your picture is beautiful. It reminds me of Olan Mills portraits that were done when I was a kid. I always thought they did beautiful work. Is this one of their portraits? I hope you solve your mystery and share. Family genealogy is so interesting to me.

Your rolls were heavenly!!! I do hope you share your recipe. By the way, don't ever doubt yourself. Your rolls put mine to shame. If I keep trying, maybe I will get as good as you. ~Amy-Patsy