Thursday, January 18, 2018

Reading At The Table

Greta likes to read her book in the morning but then she lolligags and is not ready to go to school.  I see she had cereal and has not finished it.  Erin took this picture today.  Greg was not in the kitchen so Greta was having her way.

Laura got a new refrig.  She just got a two door normal one.  The other one was not that old but had really been a lemon.  Larry says less bells and whistles the better as there are less things to go wrong.  I went over when Lowe's brought it as someone had to be home.  It had a dent and they will mark a little off or bring a different one later.

It was 11 degrees when I woke up and it is 29 now.  This is the warmest it has been for sometime.    The weather guy said it is the coldest it has been in 20 years.  I believe it.

Grandma Powell was born today--1891--I think.  She would be 107.  She was a talented lady and I think I am quite a lot like her.  Patsy did not write many poems but she penned this one about Grandma.
Grandma
We’re separated by space and time
Our lot in life different by changing ways
But many ways are just the same.
Working with our hands all our days
Traveling life’s roads together we sing
Tho' she sings with angels' band
On high and earth, we praise for our king.

My devotion today was from the eyes of King Solomon.  He sought wisdom over foolishness.  He tried wine to bring him happiness.  It did not work.  All his seeking was vanity.  Our lives get out of focus--a very dim, blurry picture.  We need to seek the Soul Doctor and he will fix it all.  We just have to turn it over to him.  Roll my burden on You today, Lord.  Roll my burden on You.  Carry my heavy load. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the song and enjoyed the sign behind that says Renfro Valley. ~Amy-Patsy