Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Large Print Books

 Above is Clayton's size 10 shoes--worn to rags.  Below his new ones in larger size.  He is in the 4th grade.  Wow, his foot is going to be more than one foot!
 I have not been having much luck finding books to read.  When I went to the library yesterday, I decided to check the large print books.   The new ones and old ones are all mixed together.  I found this one--"My Grandfather's Finger".   I think I read it about 20 years ago, but I am reading it again.  Swift grew up in East Texas in a place called Big Thicket.   His little village was called Camp Ruby.  Right away I got the feeling that this was a book like Rick Bragg would write. 
 Momma would be 97 today!   The above picture was taken before her sister was born.  Things I take note of--Grandpa has a tie tack, Grandma a bad perm, Grandpa's red hair is parted down the middle, I sort of think this was taken in California!
 My devotional today was about doing for others--like sin is not measured in this one is worse than that--good deeds may not be weighed by the Lord either.   A kind word may be as valued to Him as giving a huge monetary gift to a charity.  So we can please Him by doing good--even if we think it is a small act!  Below is the verse the devotional was built around.   King James is a little difficult for some to understand, but  it is my favorite translation.  The verse is from Corinthians 10:24.  Let me do some little good for someone else today, Lord.  Please do not put it on a scale and measure me against Mother Theresa!  I know I do not measure up to much greatness, but let me do LITTLE good works for you.   I am capable of that!

 Don’t be concerned for your own good but for the good of others.


My Mother put her family before herself!  She was an example of selflessness.  She did her works in her own little Kingdom!  I know my Lord valued those deedS she performed.

Wal Mart sack hint for today.  Especially for Erin.  If you cook hamburgers in a skillet, after they are done, place a WM sack on the counter, put a paper towel on top, place your burgers on towel, put a towel on top of the burgers, press out the grease!!  Fix the hamburgers and throw the WM sack and greasy towels in the trash!!   There you go, Erin.   I did this last night.   No mess, no dirty plate!

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

My late husband's favorite saying was "When you are in the service of your fellow man, you are only in the service of your God."

Sister--Helen said...

Mama was born in 21 she would have been 97 today