Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Ice Age

 I try to keep the heat in the house turned so it will cycle off.  You can see at almost noon today it was 16 degrees outside and 65 in the house.  65 is cold.  I have on my socks and sock house shoes!  But the reason I took the picture was the hidden message in the lower right hand corner of the device.   On day it says die!  Wow, I guess the device thinks today either it or we will freeze to death!
 Erin's two have another snow day.  They went to work with Greg at the gun store and Erin went to work.  Greg drove the little truck and Erin drove the Yukon.   She has to travel side roads and needed a heavy rig!
 I think Clayton likes the cold and snow.  He is smiling.  When I go outside, I know I am showing a frown.
I am working on the baby blanket for Jonell's granddaughter.   She will be here in May.  I have really enjoyed all the yarn Helen gifted me.  It gives me something to do without going to the store and worrying about what to buy.  I just dig through the tub.  There is still lots of neat yarn for hats and such.  Also, I think the small pieces would make a nice granny square afghan!  
It is 21 now and is supposed to be 30 tomorrow.   I am happy we got no ice or snow last night as Astrid and Ingrid both drive and they are young drivers.

My devotional today was about the honey locust tree.  It makes a good shade but is full of thorns.   The thorns are so sharp and tough they were once used as nails.  When the thorns poke the skin, they cause infection at the injury site.   Sometimes, our words are like these thorns.  When we release them, the words fester and the hurt grows.  I want my words to be honest but if they are going to cause injury I would rather swallow them keeping the thoughts to myself.  Bridle my tongue today Lord, put a bit in my mouth and be my Master!
James 3:6
Astrid got a new job today.  It is at Tropical Smoothie.  She told us yesterday that she had a interview and I thought they would know a good thing when they saw her!!

No comments: