Wednesday, January 31, 2018

February--At Last

I went out this morning and took a photo of the blue, super, blood moon.  My camera is cheap and I know my picture will not be that great.  My moon looked brownish not red.  It was really huge--closer to the earth.  A blue moon is merely the second full moon in one month.  We had a full moon January 1st and this one was the second making it a blue moon!  It only occurs once every two to three years.  The red is a shadow from the earth!  Super moon means it is closer to us making it larger.  All three together is a rare occurrence.   Last time it happened was in 1866!

When I think of the song Blue Moon, I think of Billie Holliday.



Helen's phone completely died.  She got a new one yesterday by mail.  Glad she is back in business.  Fleta loaned her one of hers!  Helen said this phone is a little bigger and she likes it!  I recall when Iphone was making their phones smaller and smaller--smaller was where it was at!  Then, they started making them bigger and bigger!  Next, guess they will return to smaller and smaller!  Helen found joy in getting her new phone I could tell. 

I have a book by Hagee about the four blood moons!  Patsy sent it to me!  It is very depressing.

Joy!  My devotional today was about finding joy through our Lord.  If we search for joy, we will find it.  It is when we stop looking for joy, that it goes completely away.  I remember Patsy told me she could find no more joy just before she passed.  I want to find JOY today.  Joy may come with the smallest pleasure--seeing my little Finches enjoying their food, Phinnie barking to be petted at my feet, Larry saying my chicken pot pie was soooo good.  Joy for me today will include a warmer temperature!   I see the sun!  I see the Light!  Doom cometh, but I am riding in a chariot bathed in the Light of my Lord!  He cares for me and I am blessed to have His guidance!  If we want to find something--what must we do--search every corner!  Don't give up looking until, alas, there it is!   Joy!

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

You are so wise to look for "joy" in the simplest places. That is so wise! I enjoy my life...simple as it is.

Anonymous said...

I found joy in the beautiful sunrise yesterday and today. I know that God made it just for me! He would have if I was the only person on the planet. I find my joy in Him because the joy of the Lord is my strength. ~Amy-Patsy