Monday, January 8, 2018

Skating -- Greta


Greta got skates for Christmas and has practiced there at the house.  Erin took them to Branson to try it at the rink.  She took the neighbor Addison along.  Greta did great and Clayton not bad as he had not practiced.  I love his reaction when he falls.


 We had a close call with a fire Saturday.  All the land in front of our house burned.  At least three fire departments came to fight the blaze.  At one point they sat in our drive way to protect the house as the other trucks fought the blaze.  It burned about 20 acres.  The part to the south is really grown up.  If that had got away from them it would have been even worse.
 This truck belongs to the city of Pottsville.  They came out with all their equipment.  Of course, Crow Mountain Fire was here.  That is our district.
 The little community of Moreland sent this truck and it parked in our drive to make sure the fire did not get to our house.
I dreamed of having skates when I was in grade school.  If I had gotten some there was no concrete to practice on.  When I was in the 5 or 6th grade, our class went to Berryville to skate.  I was a pitiful.  I completely torn the knees from my pants.  My legs and knees were skinned up badly.  I needed one of those little contraptions like in the videos.  This was the only time I ever went skating.  I also dreamed of having a bicycle and riding off into the sunset.  We finally got a bike when I was a young teenager.  I think Helen won it somewhere.  I was not good with the bike either, but I have always loved bike riding.

Clayton and Greta went back to school last week.  They got their report cards and both did fine.  The three neighbor girls go back today.  All three came for a visit yesterday.  Larry is sick and so am I.

Today is our anniversary.  We have been married 47 years.

No comments: