Monday, January 1, 2018

Colder than Cold

If it gets down to 30 degrees at night, I call that cold.  Last night it was 10.  So I say it is colder than cold.  I read a blog from the country where Eric was born.  When I think it is cold I look at "Past 50" and quickly decide it is not so bad as I had thought.  No wonder so many of the retirees from the north country retire down south!  When it is 30 here, usually Past 50 will say it is 10 below.  Snow stays all winter.  What misery!

I hope I can move more in 2018.  I sit around a lot.  I like sitting around better than moving!  I want to be a better wife, mother, grandmother, sister, cousin, aunt, friend.....I don't want to hinder but help!  Now that is a tall chore for me!  But it is my wish for in 2018. 

Everything I do is easy compared to what Momma endured.  At the time this picture was taken, all water we used was carried in buckets.  This is in the summer, but in winter the house was heated with one wood stove.  She had a handicapped child to care for daily.  If anyone had asked her at anytime in her life how she felt....she would have expressed happiness in the hand she was dealt!   Our attitude is important.  What a wonderful life is what Momma would have said at the end of her days.   Lord, let me be thankful for all Your blessings.

2 comments:

Sister--Fleta said...

She told the EMT's that took her from the home place that last time, "I have had a good life."

Margie's Musings said...

It's wonderful when someone who is burdened with care and has to deal with hardships has such a great attitude. Your mom must have been a wonderful person!