Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Girdles

Growing up, I was quite hefty.  I often dreamed of having a great girdle and it making me skinny like Fleta.  I think Fleta is the reason I felt so huge.  She was almost 3 years older than me and did not weigh 100 pounds.  In my mind, if I could have had one of these I would have looked great.

At Penny's not long ago, I saw a girdle that went from knees to bust.  I thought about chubby young girls dreaming of how good it would make them look.  I notice today lots of teens and even younger females have a enormous stomach.  I think it is carbonated sodas that cause a belly the size of a watermelon on so many.  We don't drink soda hardly ever anymore.  Now, if I do have a soft drink, it tastes like syrup and I guess it is.  Many are getting that sugar fix in a coffee drink.  I am sure they taste like syrup , too.  I see carts in the grocery store filled with Power Aid and other sweet drinks.  Guess we have moved from one sugar fix to another.  I love sweets, but not so sweet that I am gagged!  I used to  buy canned Coke on sale by the case and stack it in the laundry room.  We are so influenced by ads and habits of society.  I once would have never thought of paying for water in a bottle.  Now, I do it without a thought.  I think I am just a ploy with no reasoning power.

Tomorrow, Laura is taking a day off and taking me to the "100 dollar store" as Helen calls it.  She wants to buy chemicals for the pool.  I will make a list of things I want...not need...I really have few needs.

Patsy's Sam has a birthday today.  I hope it is a good one for him and I hope someone makes him a cake!

Corrie Ten Bloom said "Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength." I know Corrie said it, but Sister Fleta could have been the author. It is so true. Let' s deal with today and tomorrow we will be stronger to tackle what comes our way. Sun is out today and my devotional said that if we will just allow him, our Lord, will take care of everything for us. Totally, care for us with mercy, grace, and love. i will fill the bird feeders today and help care for the Finches as my Savior cares for me.

No comments: