Sunday, April 8, 2018

Ingrid Going To Prom

 Ingrid has been invited to the Pottsville Prom.   She ordered her dress off the internet.  Laura never spends a bunch for the fancy duds.  Astrid already has hers for the Russellville Prom.  She paid a small amount for it on clearance.  Astrid is like her Mother--she loves a bargain.
Logan took Astrid to see the flowers at Hot Springs but then they went to Astrid's friend, Sparky's house.   Sparky had a size 18 cookie made for Astrid and I love her special hat! 

Yesterday felt like Sunday so today feels like Monday.  I will be a day behind all week. 

My devotional was about being humble but having confidence.  How does that fit together?  Not sure.  I was reminded that Paul thought he was the worst of sinners and I do, too.  I wish I could be a better daughter to my Lord, but mostly I am filled with quilt for all my "bad" deeds and thoughts.  Lots of bad thoughts.  Help me today, Lord.  Erase all the clutter in my brain! 

Fleta was inspired by the quilt Sweet Winnie Jo gave her to write the poem below.  I liked it and am putting it here so I will have it.  Momma did save all the scraps of cloth and passed them to Grandma Powell who used them in the quilts she pieced.  She did not give many of the finished products to us.  Grandma knew they would not last in our rambunctious household.  She made Clayton, Fleta, Helen and I a quilt top for our graduation from High School.  Momma helped me get my "set".  Tony's mother-in-law finished it for me.  I am surely proud of it, but I do use it.  I think of Grandma when I see it.

Pieced Together

Grandma snipped, stitched, and pressed little bits of cloth.
Purple flowers, checks and plaids, red and yellow dots.
Mamma sewed our dresses and passed Grandma the scraps.
Together, they pieced together, memories of our past.
These little bits of cloth are what they left for us,
To piece us together with memories in the dust.
Fleta, April 7, 2018

No comments: