Wednesday, April 18, 2018

What Quilt Pattern is this?

Sister Fleta has been working a quilt crossword real life mystery.   Her friend inherited this quilt.  The quilt was in her Grandmother's possessions, but she did not know the names on the quilt.  It is a friendship quilt.  Different folks did each block and put their names in the center of their block.  Fleta is writing the story of the quilt for the Carroll County Historical Society Magazine.  She has found identities for almost all the the quilters' blocks.  She also knows the quilt was finished out on a quilting frame at Urbanette, AR.    Her friend wanted to give the quilt to a relative of one of the quilters.  I think the quilt was created about 1930, but I am guessing as to that day.

Well, I said all that to say this--Fleta wants to know what pattern these blocks are.  I am hoping I can get a friend of Margie's blog to look at it and maybe she will know as she is a master quilter.

It is a beautiful quilt and well cared for.  Fleta is searching carefully to find someone to "own" the quilt.  As some folks would just want it because of it's age and uniqueness.   But Fleta wants to find someone who will feel this way but also be connected to the names on the quilt!

Happy quilting!  I think it is a very hard task, much harder than crotchet.

3 comments:

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It is lovely from the picture but I don't know the block pattern name, sorry :( You might want to try joining up with the Facebook group Celebrate Hand Quilting. There are a bazillion members on there and no doubt one of them might know this :)

Anonymous said...

The only thing I can find on this quilt is "Scrap Quilt" or "Paper Chain". I have seen this pattern many times and I don't recall either one of these being the name of this pattern. I will continue to help solve the mystery. ~Amy-Patsy

Anonymous said...

Nine Patch Pieced Collection

http://www.blockcrazy.com/images/Finished%20Blocks/Nine%20Patch%20Overview.gif

if you will go to this site you will see that it called the "Rolling Stone" quilt pattern.

I couldn't copy and paste the picture in here. :(