Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Another Tuesday Passed

 You have to be brave to go first, but it gives others someone to follow.

Most of the folks I voted for lost.  I voted against legalizing marijuana and all the other issues.  One was about government and religious gatherings.  One was we’d have to pass issues by 60 percent not 50.  Tom Cotton and our new Governor were for that.  Like old Tom Jefferson they think the everyday voter is not qualified to decide.  The good thing about the day being passed is I won’t have to watch the same ads over and over.

The sun is rising and I’ll start my walk.  Tonight my friend Kay and I are going to watch ATU women’s basketball again.  The time change has messed with my sleep pattern.  Lord, send me help. 

 Proverbs 3: 24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; your sleep will be sweet. 

Sunday, I am going to listen to Greta at church.  I think what she’s playing is called chimes. I bought shoes for Ada yesterday.  Little feet grow fast and shoes are laid aside.  I wanted some she could wear with a dress too.  


3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

You are so good to your grandchildren!

Donna. W said...

I didn't even vote, although Cliff went and did his duty. I knew, given this area, that nothing I did would change anything. There are, literally, three times the number of Republicans as there are Democrats. The marijuana passed here in Missouri; they already had medicinal marijuana, and anybody could get online and sign up for it with any made-up excuse, so I doubt this makes much difference. From my experience, anybody who's wanted marijuana went ahead and got it anyhow, even if it was illegal. I would have voted against it though. Other than that, I would have voted for every democrat on the ballot in an effort to keep Trump out of the white house again. But that won't happen here. They still have their Trump signs in the yards.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am glad it is over and now we get a few months break before the scramble starts again. I voted for who ever is in the legalize weed party I figure I can have a pain free bit of old age...but they lost.