Wednesday, November 16, 2022

For the Birds

 




I still feed the birds.  Recently, the feeding station Larry built for me was destroyed by a little storm we had, just high winds.  I could not even express the event because it filled me with such sadness.  Yesterday, I burned the pile of limbs and under it the feeding station.  When we choose to live, we can't spend our days in remorse.  I know this, but it will take a while for me to rejoice as fully as before.  

I noticed the day the station was blown away, all these Redbirds came.  Sometimes there were too many to count.  I think he was checking on me.  How silly I am.  I had one of those stick in the ground hangers and my sweet Astrid bought me a second one at Tractor Supply.    I will still be able to feed the birds and enjoy them coming and going, but for awhile the view holds some sadness for me.  I see the Snow Geese on Galla Lake each morning when Phinnie and I walk.  I just have a cheap camera, but I will tell you are are beautiful!




4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Cardinals are so beautiful! Sorry about your feeder.

Margie's Musings said...

Maybe he will rebuild your feeder since you enjoyed it so much!

Margie's Musings said...

And, yes, your Cardinals are lovely!

Galla Creek said...

Margie, Larry passed in 2020. No rebuilding on earth only in heaven.