Saturday, November 19, 2022

Wordle Yesterday

 Yesterday's Wordle was a hard one.  I got it in 4 tries.  How?  In the first two, I had guessed all the vowels and the word had no A, E, I, O, U so I knew the word had to have a Y as the vowel.  I had the letters l, h, and g by the 4th time.  I knew the first two letters had to be a blend.   I thought well gl is a blend and the h was at the end of the word.  So....I guessed glyph not having any idea if it was a word.  It was and I made it in 4 tries.  I immediately looked up glyph--ARCHITECTURE an ornamental carved groove or channel, as on a Greek frieze.  So, I also learned a new word.  I am really not very smart.  Donna W. talks about "hard mode" in wordle and I don't know what that is!  I enjoy doing word puzzles.  The three sisters send each other our results each day.  Sometimes, if one of us can't sleep, we do Wordle at 2 in the morning and have to remember not to hit share....as we would wake our sisters!  Today, I got Wordle in 3 tries.  That's a good score for me.  I have failed on getting the answer a few times but not many.  Lots of folks gripe about Wordle.  I don't that much.  NY Times had to add words.  They have used most of them.  They can always start over as I for one forget the words within a day!  I say "don't gripe.  If you don't like it, don't play."  I like that the game is not complicated.  I enjoy the interaction with my sisters each day.  

Spied deer and snow geese across Galla Lake when Phinnie and I took our early morning walk. Six deer were coming to get a drink of water. I think I saw horns on one. Try to take time today to look and be aware of all things. Take heed! “Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.” James Thurber






1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

It took me all six tries today. I do not play every day. You have a bunch of deer!!