Thursday, November 10, 2022

Traitor King


 My dear friend, Donna, said her husband likes nonfiction like me.  This is the latest book I have read.  What an eye opener this book was!  Windsor was a horrible man and Wallis was just plain weird.  The book is based on records not on a whim.  I think Cliff might like it.  I could hardly put it down.  

Cliff has a severe hearing problem.  I can identify with that too.  My appointment time finally rolled around with the ear doctor.  I’m going to post this because I know Donna Wood will love it.  One ear had fluid behind the ear drum and I’m taking a high dose antibiotic but may have to have a tube like little ones get, but the horrible truth is my other ear has the entire top of a q-tip in it.  It had been in my ear so long, that I did not remember the incident.  Dr. kept saying, “oh, my goodness’  in a total shocked voice.  He said “do not ever put a q-tip in your ear” AND he added “do not put a bobby pin in your ear, either!”  I asked him how he knew I did that to which he replied—“all old people do!”  I can hear lots better.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I will have to suggest it to my book club:) Glad you can hear better :)

Donna. W said...

I wrote down the title of the book. That's really funny about your ear; Cliff will love it.

Donna. W said...

Would you believe that I have three libraries to choose from, and none of them have that book? I could buy it from Kindle, but it's high-priced.