Sunday, November 27, 2022

Computers are a Pain

I updated both laptops and got them both running again.  I have Microsoft updates.  Why do I have to enter a password?  Grrrr.  I have three computers that use Microsoft.  So....three different accts.  Which goes to which.  They never work and I have to reset the pw.  But today I did that.  On this laptop I found the above photo saved.  This was right after Larry and I bought our first house on Dog Alley in Pottsville.  1972, September!  I was teaching 3rd grade and Larry worked for Bill Price and Son.  Our house payment was 104.98$.  It seemed like a lot then.  Larry always wore a white t-shirt under his work shirt.  I think that has changed and men don't do that anymore.  

I also listened to a sermon by Charles Spurgeon from October 1866.   The topic was "the Lord is my shepherd".  I am just a "sheep".  I am to follow the shepherd and stay in the pasture he put me in.  I am not to wander off.  I am not to tell him where he needs to take me next.  He's in charge.  Rev. Spurgeon said to be careful and look to the Master and not your pastor for guidance.  He said if you idolize your pastor that will push you from your Master.  David wrote the psalm used in the sermon.  David knew all about being a shepherd.  Rev.  Spurgeon also reminded the flock that they should never forget where they came from.  I started as a poor farm girl.  The Lord put me there and it is where I should have began my life.  I am thankful for that start and all the pastures he has led me through since that time!
 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a great old photo! Such a beautiful/handsome couple!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, they are! I thought so too!!