Monday, April 11, 2016

Spring Planting

 Larry finished my cold frame.  It needs to face south.  I have Beef Steak Tomatoes in the one flat.  I think 18 of them.  I have some hybrid better boy to set out and Larry has watermelon and cantaloupe.
Sigrid needs to get some flower seeds.

 These are my garden helpers.  Looking for cut worms and bugs.  I love my Brown Bovan hens Larry bought me 12.

 Phlox is a little sick.  With the other flowers it does not get enough sun.  The lilies will be gone soon and maybe it can grow.
 I put one of the wild violets in this pot to see how it will do. Below you can see I have some Swamp Daises growing.
 I picked the poke salad.  Granny said sallet.  It was really good with our instant pot great northern beans.
 So proud of my new old tiller.   I have squash planted it it will warm up it will come up.  If not I may have to cold frame some.
 Prettiest flower in my garden!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Granny is right. It is sallet.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know it was called anything else. :) ~Amy