Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Weed B Gone

 I was able to till my garden and get the grass under ground.  The grass actually enriches the soil when you till it under.  I sat on my back porch this morning and zoomed in to the corn and then the other side.  The picture looks a little distorted because of the zoon.
 I picked the Contender green beans and all this squash Monday and then Laura came yesterday morning and picked the other row of green beans.  It was a 5 gallon bucket full.  I shared some green beans with a neighbor who lives on Crow Mtn. and Laura is sharing some with a friend.  We still had a huge amount to cook.  I will pick them again tomorrow.  They will not bear like pole green beans and I will only get to pick them 3 or 4 times and they will be done.  The squash is going to town. I am making zuchanni bread now.  I have dug several hills of potatoes by hand.  With just one row, I hate to ask Larry to put the middle buster on to dig them.  They are really wet because of all the rain and will go to rot easily.
 This was down by my front yard today.  Wonder if he has Chronic Wasting Disease?
 Laura shared her strawberry freezer jam with me.  It is so delicious!  Toast and jam and a good cup of coffee makes a great start to any day!

No comments: