Sunday, August 27, 2017

August Almost Over

 Laura has two Crepe Myrtles at the side of her house.  I took a photo of one of them on my walk this morning.  The two are identical and really stunning.  Below is a closeup of one of the clusters!

 I chopped off my two potted flowers a couple of weeks ago and they are coming back nicely.
 These are wild violets I planted in one of my pots this spring.
 This is where the huge Maple tree was that died from the vines planted around it.  Vines are parasites and will eventually kill a tree.  Larry did a great job of removing the stump and leveling the spot.  You can not tell a tree was ever there.
 Looks like I may have three blooms on my Cone flower.
 My Ditch Lilies at the side of my house are blooming.  The ones in the front flower bed bloomed long ago.
 I planted these and put in a pot this spring.  I have them sitting on an old plow on the septic tank so no one will drive over it.
 We have our sweet Cora for a house pet and outside dog, but if I ever get another dog, it will be a Corgi.   Astrid's Phoebe is the nicest, sweetest dog.  She is very child-like and loving.  Sometimes she runs away from her home to come and see us!
 Erin's bunch camped at Richland last night.  Hope they had a great time.  Erin was wondering if moth balls around the tent would discourage snakes.  I told her that I thought it would.
I am counting my days until I can get off these shots.  Have taken them 3 days, lots to go.

1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

Beautiful flowers! My daughter raises Corgis. She has two. A male and a female. The last litter was eight. They were all sold in a week.