Saturday, August 26, 2017

Hum Hum Hum

 I have Hummingbirds come to my feeder daily.  They are aggressive little birds.   One will guard the feeder and not let others eat.  Last night one was trying to get me.  Guess he saw his reflection in my glasses as it seems that is what he was angry at!
 I got a smaller feeder and like it better.  It only holds a cup of nectar.  The ants were vicious around the feeder.  I put Vicks salve around the top where the hanger connects.   I had been spraying the ceiling where the hanger was with ant killer but it wears off.  The salve keeps the ants out of the feeder.  They hate the menthol.  They have to pass down the hanger to get to the nectar.  I really despise ants.  We have them in abundance here in Galla Meadow.

The computer corrected my spelling of salve...I like the help but sometimes it is incorrect and bothersome.
 I gave my own shot in my stomach this morning.  I did just fine.  I am feeling ok.  Will be glad when September 5th comes and maybe this will be over.  I don't plan on doing my other leg unless it gets very severe.  Too much trouble and too chancy.



No comments: