Friday, August 18, 2017

Leg Lamp

 I was not too anxious about my surgery today.  It all seems to have gone well.  I am to walk 10 minutes every hour.  Thank heavens--not through the night.  Larry carried me down to the Flying J and Laura met us there.  We left after 11 and had to be at Baptist Hospital by 12:30.  We made it with 10 minutes or so to spare.

Dr. Lyons was my physician.  I had confidence in him.  He said I did great.  Some folks scream and jerk their leg away he said.  Wow, all i felt was some little pin pricks.  No telling what my leg looks like under this huge wrap.  Tomorrow evening I take it off and see.  When I looked at my leg, it reminded me of the leg below--especially with the fragile sign!

I go back in one week and then will be dismissed.  I am optimistic that I am going to do great.  Next appointment is at 7:30 in the morning...so Laura and I will be leaving very early for it.  Erin offered to come and take me!  Both my girls are the best.  Sigrid called to check on me.  I told her that I hope she will care for her mother when she gets old.  She quickly said, "I will, Gigi".  

Larry took over my chore of picking up Ingie!   They went to Sonic, I think.  She probably prefers his "lift" to Gigi's!

 Clayton went for his well check and he is well.  Also, he is over 5 feet tall!  He is going to be tall like his Pop.
 He was too long to lay on the kiddie table!  Below his height chart!  I have not posted it but on his ACT test he was way above average too.  I think Erin said highest was math, but all his scores were great.  He is a very smart little boy!  Well, not so little anymore.

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Betty I hope all is better with your keg tomorrow...I don't know what kind of procedure you had done...hope it is not too painful and you have a restful night sleep😘

Anonymous said...

Gigi-

I see the resemblance between your leg and the lamp. You should
have a fragile sign to hold because you are right now. Take care
of yourself. ~Amy-Patsy