Monday, April 6, 2015

Festivites

 Ingrid went to church with her friend.  I asked her about her dress...she said "it is ours".   Laura explained all three girls--Laura, Astrid and Ingrid--wear the dress.  Ingrid looked so great in it.  The hem is what Helen will like.  It looks a little different on Laura and even different on Astrid, but I know each are pretty when they wear the shared dress.  Soon little Sigrid will share too!
 Ingrid said turn the camera and I did knowing the picture would look like below and Patsy is not around to fix it.  I never really tried to fix the sideways photos because I loved having Patsy fix them for me.  Now she is gone and the photo will just have to lay on it's side in her memory.
 We celebrated Astrid's birth.  She was born April 7.  Erin and I remember it well.  Erin said "oh, it was horrible".  You see I sat by Laura's head and Erin was posted at her feet.  Well, you can imagine what I saw and what Erin saw.   I was the first person to hold Astrid.  Her Dad got so hungry he went for hamburger and she was born while he was away.
 Helen, can you see the deviled eggs?  They were pretty good and my 'asian' salad was really good!  Laura's rolls and peanut butter pie were tops, though.  We make peanut butter pie with a vanilla filling.  We always joke that the recipe is Rene's who we really loved.  She is one of the exes of Larry's brothers.
Here is the table.  I have Fiesta dinnerware like Grandma Gaddy had, but different colors.  Larry said the best part of the day was that his baby came!  He is a fine Daddy.  Often he cries when Erin comes.  He is about his kids like our Daddy was about us.  Sisters I know you will understand what I mean...it is all about love of your children.

2 comments:

Erin said...

His daughters cry too. We are a bunch of emotional fruit loops

Sister--Helen said...

Well when it is all over and done they are all that you have left on this earth....Better take care of all of them...Love the pics all of them,,,The high low him dress is great for tall people...us short fat ones just look we are draging a tail....I could not tell which of all the 6 girls are the prettiest...