Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Blue House

I have made a lot of bad decisions in my life.  One was the siding on the blue house.  We lived here from about 1985 until just after Daddy passed away.  We built the "blue" house from a floor plan we drew up ourselves.  It was a narrow house, the lot was narrow.  The house was built of the site of an old barn....copper heads lived there under the rocks.  Larry saw about 8 at one time one summer day.  He only killed about 3 or 4.  There was an old rock fence.  They lived in it.  We had about 17,000 dollars when we started the house.  Not really enough money.  We lived without cabinets, without carpet, with only a wood stove for heat.  No air.  I guess we did just fine.  I got a Masters Degree in education while we lived here.  Larry went to Vo-Tech school.  I guess Laura was ashamed to have her friends come, but several did.  Erin did not care as long as she could play outside.  Daddy's cancer returned while we lived here and all summer of 1988, I went to the red dirt road on the weekend to help Fleta. Once I got stung by red wasps at the well house and told Momma--I will have to leave now for home as my eyes will swell shut and they did but I made it home first.  I knew I would have to go back to school in August and probably could not go help each weekend.  He died on the 21st and I was able to start school knowing he was in safe hands!

No comments: