Monday, April 13, 2015

Mulching Monday

 Today at 8 a. m. I went to Lowes and got something Larry needed for the well pump.  We use the well to water outside.  Larry has put hydrants near my chicken pen and around in the yard.   I also bought 15 bags of mulch..it is all out and tomorrow I need to go get 15 more.  Don't you love the little Yellow Finch!
 This is some type of clover.  I don't know if it just came up or I bought it.  I am very forgetful, but it is pretty and I pulled the other stuff around it up and gave it a little mulching.
 Above is my old Mary plant.  I think I will save seeds for Helen and Fleet of Foot as it grows like a weed and is very pretty.  After this purple flower, it will have a thing that looks like a mirror on it. I will show what it looks like when it puts that on.  A seed is in each one.

 Above is my one and only rose and it may be a wild rose at that.
 I am going to get Larry to put a bed around this before fall. I want it to be rectangular.
 These are two wild plums our friend gave us two years ago.  They should take off this year.
 This is a white Lilac and beside it is a Japanese one Larry bought me two years ago.  The Japanese one will not bloom for a while.  A Lilac has to be 7 years old to bloom.
 Two new bird houses in my front yard so I can see them from my new living room.
 This is a Catalpa tree and a Red bud.

 My hens and chickens are starting on the  third year.  I think they are so pretty.
 Can you see my Aday crystal?
Here is an Iris in the fence row.  When Larry gets my weed whacker going....I plan to do some fence row cleaning.

No comments: