Tuesday, April 21, 2015

New Printer

 Got a letter from Jonell and this picture of Vanessa (Brad's daughter).  The picture above is of Brad and his son, Kurt.  Kenny G. had to have shoulder surgery.  He hurt his shoulder doing something with his boat.  If he does not get so he can lift his hand to comb his hair, Jonell's will turn silver as Kenny dyes it for her.  Joking aside, he is supposed to get full use back and I am sure he will.  Isn't Vanessa beautiful!
 Astrid's name was in the paper with her score in the soccer game.  Soon we will have been writing on these Blogs 10 years.  Astrid was only in first grade when Sister Patsy and Helen got us going.  They have been at it longer and I have.  But I can see it is  a wonderful record.  I still love to go back and read some of Patsy's posts.  They are so interesting and intelligent.
My new Printer is an all in one.  Scanner, copier and printer!  I have a scanner, but have to dig it out and hook it up to use it.  I like a laser printer as I just do black and white.  It was time for new toner in the old one.  I had used that toner about 7 years I think.  Toner is expensive--about 100 bucks or more.  So I opted on a new "machine" as Patsy would say.  It is smaller and more modern and up to date.  I think the two pictures scanned well.  I got it at staples.  Got 100 off, 30 for the old one, and 50 dollar visa card .  All that brought the price to about 150.00.  Almost what my toner would have been. I think the other toner cartridge was 130.00.  This toner will not last 7 years as they don't put a full cartridge in the new printers, but it will as a while.  I think about 700 copies for the partial cartridge and the toner should be for 1000s of copies and it only costs 80 bucks.  Probably when I get the 50 dollar visa card I will go buy a new cartridge.  I used the box it came in to sit it on with Fleta's old wooden calendar as a top.  Poor man has poor ways is what Larry always says.

No comments: