Thursday, April 2, 2015

I AM NOT MY SISTER

 When Ingrid started 7th grade, she was quick to remind us that she was not her sister and she was not running the mile.  Laura said--we will see.  Because even though Ingrid does not really like running we knew that she would probably be running the mile at track meets because of our dear friend, Coach Fish.
 These two photos show her closing the gap.  She took a ribbon but did not win.  She really did not want to win--then she would be her sister if that makes sense.  Ingrid trains for the mile  like the very first picture.  If she wanted to be a miler, she would really be good.  She could have won this race if it were one of her goals, but she must always prove--I AM NOT MY SISTER!!
 This is a photo of Coach Fish way back in the day.  He is in the rear sort of in the middle.  Today, he does not look like a guy who would like track, but actually he loves it.  You see he is a horse race kind of guy.  He loves taking a group and seeing what they can do and competing always to win.  If you don't watch out he will beat you too.   I told him early on that Ingrid said she was not running the mile to which he responded "we'll see".
Fish--last year with Astrid.  Ingrid does not look for a buddy in her coach!  She has lots of friends her age and she prefers to hang out with them!!

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Helen and I were talking about our dear Patsy and we decided her real decline started with the death of her daughter. Janet needed her mother's help to make it in the world. Patsy had a responsibility and she met it until the day Janet left this world. But when Clayton died he took all joy with him is what she said. The joy of living was gone.

I still have lots of joy! But I notice when I post something and go back and read it I will have about 10 huge errors. Sentences that do not make sense. Verbs used incorrectly. Bear with me...my mind has taken a hit I think.